Friday, August 01, 2008

100 things

I've been reading these on blogs this week so I guess it is my turn. I'm not really sure if I can come up with 100 things about me but here I go.

1. I am my mom's only child.
2. She was 42 when I was born.
3. My parents divorced when I was 2.
4. I have 2 older half brothers & 2 step brothers.
5. I have always been overweight
6. I played softball when I was younger
7. I played the trumpet in 5th and 6th grade
8. I have the best friends in the world
9. My friends are family to me since I never really had any siblings close to me
10. My dad died when I was 16. He had lung cancer.
11. I miss him very much.
12. I love Diet Coke
13. I love chicken strips & french fries
14. I really just love all food.
15. I went to Southwest Baptist University over K-State b/c I wouldn't get into as much trouble.
16. I'm really glad I made that decision, those were the best 4 years!
17. I love the roommate God put me with, Val.
18. I'm thankful we are still close and I miss her.
19. I am a Christian.
20. I mess up a lot, but I know God is always there for me when no one else seems to be. He will never give me more than I can handle (but he tests me thats for sure.)
21. I met my husband at a bar
22. We met at the "perfect time" in both or our lives.
23. We went to Las Vegas on vacation after we'd been dating four about 4 months.
24. We got engaged after 7 months.
25. Our daughter was born 9 months to the day of our wedding.
26. I lived in Nashville for two summers.
27. I worked at Sony Music and loved it.
28. I met lots of famous people.
29. I am obsessed with famous people.
30. My friend Amy & I were two of the original Rascal Flatts fans
31. We used to hang out with them on their bus.
32. I miss those guys.
33. but I am thankful for their success!
34. I met one of my best friends though Rascal Flatts!
35. It has been way too long since I saw her (Heather) and hopefully will soon!
36. She will ALWAYS eat White Castles with me.
37. I truly believe that White Castles are worth the 5 hour drive to St. Louis at least once a year.
38. I have an OCD about chin whiskers
39. It drives my husband insane
40. My first car was the bubble - a 1994 red ford aspire
41. Someone hit me in it once and tore it up pretty bad
42. Amy and Billy were with me in the accident
43. No one was hurt too seriously.
44. I still drive the bubble to work almost daily
45. It still gets almost 40 miles per gallon
46. My husband and I currently own 2 boats
47. We are trying to sell one of them
48. We also co-own a campground at the lake
49. And a hunting cabin on the Neosho River.
50. When I was in high school I said I wanted to marry someone with a boat and a 4 wheeler
51. JoeDel has 2 boats and a 4 wheeler, among other things
52. I used to have a ford ranger
53 It had a sunroof
54. I bought my house when I was 22.
55. My favorite color is pink
56. I love, love, love being online
57. I go crazy when i cant check my email (or read blogs)
58. I tried online dating many times
59. It, obviously, never worked for me.
60. I really, really, really hate tornados
61. I freak out about really petty things.
62. I lose my cell phone at least once daily.
63. Most days, I love my job
64. Sometimes, though, I really really hate it
65. I would rather work with all men over all women anyday
66. However the other women in this office right now are great.
67. At times I feel myself turning into my mother
68. That sort of freaks me out, although I'm not sure why b/c everyone loves my mom.
69. I really want to do daycare someday
70. I also want a mini van.
71. I love children
72. I miss the Carters, I dont see them very often anymore
73. I am answering the phone today and my ex just called
74. He is one of the reasons I wish I could quit my job.
75. I really want to go to New York City one day
76. I am thankful for my husband's family
77. And for his friends
78. I get along well with his friends
79. but I still really miss mine
80. I rode a greyhound bus to Minnesota by myself when I was 12 years old
81. I would never let Avery do that!
82. I have a really big mouth, it gets me in trouble often
83. I am getting better about keeping secrets
84. I have been blessed with so many wonderful people throughout my life.
85. I was really close to my college advisor and professor, Susan Debauche.
86. We still talk and I miss her.
87. My friend Alisa hooked me up with the farmboy in college
88. I still love her even though that was a really bad move
89. It is hard for me to believe that Billy Gilman is all grown up.
90. Its hard for me to belive how close I am to T-H-I-R-T-Y
91. I think Barak Obama is the AntiChrist
92. If I think too long on signs of the end times and Barack I get really freaked out and depressed
93. I am thankful for all of the wonderful blessings in my life.
94. I am thankful that God has brought me through many heartaches
95. If I won the lottery, I would buy a vacation house in Nashville - for sure!
96. I have never been to Colorado
97. I hate sharing the road with semi-trucks and/or concrete medians on the interstate
98. I think motorcycles are downright dangerous
99. I wish I could spend all of my days with my sweet little Avery
100. I try not to be jealous of others, but sometimes I just can't help it.

3 comments:

Stacy Birk said...

mmm... surprisingly most of that I already knew! Haha. Like that we BOTH have big mouths and we have a hard time keeping secrets. :)

But, that's why I love you. And, because you love White Castle!

Give Avery a hug for me!

Christi said...

Wowza! I think I knew almost all of that too! Miss you

Amy said...

I'm pretty sure I knew it all. And I'm glad to see that I got mentioned twice!