Saturday, October 04, 2008

Goodbyes

My Aunt Elaine called me yesterday afternoon to tell me that Grandpa had died...so now I am officially without Grandparents, and Avery no longer has a Grandpa. It was sad to me last night as I walked through Walmart with a good friend, her daughter and her parents. Corinne (the little girl) has her Grandpa wrapped around her finger. She loves her papa and he loves her so much. It just made me sad to think that Avery doesn't have a papa anymore. Not even 1.

She has 4 WONDERFUL Grandmas though so she's pretty lucky. Between Grammy Sara, Grandma Mary, Grandma Lynne and Granny Huffman, the girl is pretty blessed (we all are to have them!)

Thats all for now. The bump on Averys head is almost GONE! Praise the Lord. There is still a bruise, but its not nearly as bad this morning as I was expecting. Her fever is gone too! Thank you Lord for fast acting antibiotics.

:)

5 comments:

Amy said...

So sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I love ya.

Mandy said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandpa.

Jenny said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa..I hadn't read your first post yet or I would have called you...It's so hard to lose your grandparents and the whole connection to that generation. I'm glad you had seen him recently. I'll call you soon. Love you!
PS: I'm glad Avery is ok...I hate it that she had tonsillitis AGAIN! Poor baby!!

Christi said...

That makes me sad, I too am glad that you have so many grandma's to love on!

Stacy Birk said...

Sorry to hear about your grandpa. I am thinking of you....


Check out my blog when you get a sec... :)