Sunday, June 01, 2008

Houston, we have a problem

Well, we made it to Galveston! It was a LONG day yesterday. JoeDel drove us through the Dallas traffic. It was a little scary but he made it though. I took over and drove through the Houston traffic - bad idea. Texas drivers suck. Maybe it is just city driving, but I am TOTALLY out of practice. I drove in rush hour traffic in Nashville everyday (Nashville drivers suck too), but I have in the past 6 years become totally conditioned to loafing around like the rest of Girard. So, anyway, it was very scary and we almost died several times...but we are here!!!!!!!!!!


Avery is very excited about the cruise. Can you tell?



She did so good yesterday. She slept a lot and played a lot. She was in her carseat from Atoka, Oklahoma to our motel. (She was sleeping during our last gas stop so she didnt get out). That is a LONG TIME. I think she is still tired judging from this picture of her I just took.

JoeDel just left to go walk along the beach this morning. I suppose we should have gone with him but I wasn't quite ready to get out of bed. I did have to find the car keys for him though so now I'm up.

Speaking of cars, this is what we rented to drive down here. Its pretty sweet.

Don't know for sure when I'll post again. If I am too cheap to buy internet on the boat, I'll for sure buy some cheaper access in Jamaica on Wed.

Two prayer requests, please.
#1) No hurricanes
#2) Avery is getting sick and we need to pray this away. She's coughing, conjested. Nothing major but with her given history I would hate for her to develop pneumonia while on a cruise ship.

Happy Sunday!

1 comments:

Jeanna said...

Hey girl--we are just sitting here thinking about all the fun you are having! Well don't worry--we are not having that much fun here--you are missing some fun weather though! Well better get back to work--have a drink for us! Don't have too much fun!!!