Saturday, June 28, 2008

Rain or Shine? RAIN!!!!!!!!

I am just writing a little update about the reunion. It's 3 pm and I just got home and settled from the "picnic"

We got unloaded at the park...grill and all...and it rained, and rained and rained...so here were all of these folks underneath a shelter thinking "this is NEVER going to work" We had celebrities as our backup plan, but we already have it all decorated for tonight and really didn't want to tear it all down. So, Cordell Harley suggests the library. Perfect. Its open so we head on over.

OF course this was an extra $65 out of our budget that we had not planned for but whatever, it worked.

So, JoeDel and his lovely assistant Eric (we really missed you Chris Klaassen!!!!!) cooked all the burgers and hot dogs, first at the park...then they loaded up the grill and cooked on the trailer outside the library. I do have pictures, it was great.

Anyway, there was a great turnout. I havent counted numbers but I"d say at least 70 some at the "picnic" including kids and all. here's a rough list of who made it...just so I dont forget I'm going to write this down. Sorry for not writing everyones spouses and kids names, my brain isnt smart enough to remember them all right now

Audrey w/ Auston and Tres
Jenny, Eric, Luke and Caleb
Mandy Kennedy
Lisa Edwards and her husband and baby
Maggie Dillon, her husband and baby
Lynn Peak, her husband and baby
Cordell, Nammah and their 2 kids
Amy Johnson, Chris, Katilyn, Seth and Tyler
Richard Lane and his wife and son
Leon and his wife
Darin Cizerle
Eddie J, Gayla and Sadie
Susan, Jeff and Emily
Kathleen, Adam and Landon
Rachel Groner, Michael & Alexis
Mandy Russell and her boyfriend
Jolene Roberts and her husband and son
Kerri Darlington and Jeramie and Hope and Brady (love it!)
Jesse, his wife and son
Steven Taylor and Amy
Brad Clutter and Sarah
Troy Curry, his wife and 3 girls
Falisha Lowe
Micah Leighty, Brett and their three kids.

I think thats it but I may have missed a few. Anyway, it was great fun and everyone that was there today said they' be there tonight, MINUS KIDS and hopefuly plus more.

So, so far so good but I"m already tired and ready for a beer.

Julie

0 comments: