Friday, February 22, 2008

Go Trojans Go!

What a night. The Trojans pulled off a double win over the dreaded Colgan Panthers. The girls and boys both claimed CNC championships.

The real event of tonight was the induction of Coach Crespino into the KS hall of fame. It was a nice ceremony. Glenna gave a wonderful acceptance speech with her kids at her side. It is still hard to believe that Coach Crespino is not roaming the halls at GHS. I close my eyes for a second and I see him running down the road and I hardly ever drive by their house w/out picturing him out there push mowing the yard.

As I sat at the game tonight, I was truly thankful to be right where I am at. Often times I gripe that I am stuck in Girard forever, but really I would not have it any other way. I love knowing every single person around me in the stands, at the concession stand, and even in line for the bathroom. I'm still proud to be a trojan (10 years later) and I am thankful that God brought me back to this town. I look forward to having Avery grow up in the Girard schools, roaming the same halls as so many of us. I hope her life is different in many aspects, but yet I am blessed to be able to still be a part of my hometown.

Congrats to Coach on your induction. We miss you.

0 comments: