Monday, January 28, 2008

We Made It!


Avery's doctor report on Friday was not what I'd hoped...she had a small spot of pneumonia in one of her lungs...and double ear infections that occured "overnight" to quote the dr. SO, she got a shot, a round of antibiotics and some ear drops...

We kept the party in limbo...but her fever went away so we decided to go head with everything. I thought things went well, next year we are not having a big party. ha ha. This one turned out just fine, but many people were not able to make it up from Tulsa due to the weather and also sickness is going around which kept some others away. We still had a decent turn out and Avery was really good so that was a blessing!

Thank you to all who came to the big event. I know Jenny & Katie are my faithful readers so here's a shout out to you - great to see you!

Here are a few pictures...








Avery does seem to be doing better now....although I am somewhat frustrated. It seems to me that she woke up on Sunday and is sick and tired of being "ONE" and is going to try to be TWO. Yes, what i mean is I think the terrible twos have hit already. She started this fit throwing that she obviously must get from ME. She screams and yells and throws herself on the ground and hits her hands on the floor and screams some more. Last night I thought she must be hurting, I picked her up, she was just fine. Put her back down, same fit. Argh. She did it again this morning when I was trying to finish getting around and wasnt paying enough attention to her apparently. The fun is just beginning :(

Oh, and here she is with her car that Grammy Sara bought her for her birthday :)

3 comments:

Christi said...

Oh my goodness, the car is SO cute! Loved the pictures.

Stacy Birk said...

Your pictures are so cute! Looks like Avery had an awesome birthday. Hope to talk to you soon girl... we need to hang out!

Amy said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun for Avery's birthday! I'm sorry to hear about the pneumonia, but I'm sure all will be well soon. Cute pictures.