Even though the purpose of this blog is to critize the stupid media, I guess I will be contradicting myself some by even posting about this. Here goes anyway...
I feel in love w/ Heath Ledger many, many moons ago when I watched "10 Things I Hate About You" for the first time. 
That movie is also why Julia Stiles has since become one of my most favorite actresses.
Anyway, I was shocked to see the headlines on Tues. afternoon that Heath Ledger was dead. What I did not realize is that he had just been found probably less than an hour before I read that...
What is wrong with this world?!!! This guy just died!!!!! Already there are reporters and photographers just waiting waiting waiting to get a shot of them carrying his body out of the building?!! The photos of his old girlfriend and daughter REALLY make me mad. These people are hurting. Their baby has NO CLUE what is going on, but there are people taking pictures of them and posting them all over the internet anyway.
Heath Ledger is not the first hollywood superstar to die but they sure are acting like it. I do not get it. I deal with media everyday, i used to "be" a media person when I was at the Obus. I understand the pressures that the editors put on you to get the story at all costs...but seriously do these people not have any sort of conscience at all????
I was interested in reading the articles, at first. I've read many of them to find out what happened, how it happened, etc. It was when I started seeing these ridiclous videos and photos that I was so annoyed I couldn't stand it. It was then that I started to REALLY REALIZE why Britney is such a case.
Here's the thing...WE HAVE CREATED THIS. I am a prime example of a nosy fan that wants all of the info that I can possibly get, all the time. It is b/c of millions of other fans just like me that the media goes to the EXTREME to give us what we want. I'm standing up and saying "OK, ENOUGH!" I want the news, but that is it. Give me the news, maybe a small explaination, and thats all I need. Let the family grieve, for pete's sake. Yes they chose a public life but its quite obvious (well i think)that Heath Ledger fully intended to WAKE UP from his nap...if he would have had any clue of what was to come, no wonder the poor guy stayed asleep forever.
Oh, and now his possible girlfriend Mary-Kate Olsen will be ALL OVER THE MEDIA. All I can think is "what an odd couple, are there pictures?" IT IS A VICIOUS CIRCLE AND I AM GUILITY OF PUSHING IT TO THE EXTREME. HELP ME STOP THIS INSANITY!! AHHHHH!
That day....
12 years ago
1 comments:
I, too, fell in love with Heath on "10 Things I Hate About You".
I was saddened to hear of his death, but I agree with you 100% about the media. I was also a media person and I am just as guilty of buying trash magazines as everyone else. But they just need to know when to give it a rest. Let the man rest in peace and let his family grieve in peace.
Post a Comment